For the second consecutive month the Baltimore County Revenue Authority has announced it will not hold its regularly scheduled monthly meeting.
This time, the cancellation is due to a lack of members being available to attend.
William “Lynnie” Cook, chief executive of the authority, told reporters of the cancellation in a Monday evening email. Cook cited a “lack of a quorum” — meaning at least three of its five volunteer members were unavailable.
The independent quasi-public agency is responsible for managing five public golf courses around the county, four public parking garages in Towson as well as a number of metered street and surface parking lots around the county.
Cook, in his brief email, did not provide details on who was unable to attend and did not respond to a request for additional information.
More on my Insider Politics blog at Patch.com.
I'm the new regional editor for Patch.com in Baltimore County and I cover county politics and government. This is my temporary home while I await my Oct. 25 start date.
What readers are saying:
|Hillary Pennington on Win Bryan McIntire’s mon…|
|Malina on Smith donates “appropria…|
|Augie on Leave? I live here.|
- No 2 am in the Senate tonight. We'll be back at 10 to start all over again. #MDpolitics #MDGA17 43 minutes ago
- Sen Pres Miller sends pages home for the night: "Its almost child cruelty to keep you any longer" #MDpolitics #MDGA17 1 hour ago
- Md senate Pres announces he's going to send the pages home as debate continues "we're going to be here quite some time" #MDpolitics #MDGA17 2 hours ago
- Many senators and members of the press corps hope that was a bad joke #MDpolitics #MDGA17 3 hours ago
- Sen. Pres Miller just told chamber "we have a lot of work to do. We might be here until 2 am" #MDpolitics #MDGA17 https://t.co/RF5uHwD7XM 3 hours ago
- Isn’t this the NFL equivalent of a middle school breakup? The Raiders go steady with Oakland, break up, get back to… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- Md. Senate passes fracking ban, sends bill to @LarryHogan, who is expected to sign legislation thedailyrecord.com/2017/03/27/md-… #MDpolitics #mdga17 3 hours ago
- Edwards: "The fat lady has sung. The game is over. The discussion on this issue is over..." #MDpolitics #MDGA17 https://t.co/IPReCXm84X 4 hours ago
- Sen. George Edwards, R- W Md, was the only senator to speak. Edwards opposed a ban. #MDpolitics #MDGA17 https://t.co/QrphRsxBwt 4 hours ago
- Md. Senate gives final vote to fracking ban 35-10. The bill now heads to @LarryHogan desk, he said he would sign it #MDpolitics #MDGA17 4 hours ago